Like many other states, auto insurance is required in the state of Texas for all people operating motor vehicles on public roadways. At the very least Texans must a minimum of liability auto insurance. At Quality Reports Texas Auto Insurance we recommend that you purchase comprehensive auto insurance if you can afford it.
The minimum amount of liability auto insurance coverage required to meet Texas Financial Responsibility law is 30,000/60,000/25,000. This means that your insurance policy must insure you against loss in an accident where you have been determined to be at-fault for a minimum of:
- Thirty thousand dollars ($30,000) because of bodily injury to or death of one (1) person in any one (1) accident
- Sixty thousand dollars ($60,000) because of bodily injury to or death of two (2) or more persons in any one (1) accident, subject to the thirty thousand dollar ($30,000) per person limit
- Twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) because of injury to or destruction of property of others in an accident
Texas law requires you to provide documented proof of Financial Responsibility in the following situations:
- At the request of a law enforcement officer at the time of an accident or traffic stop
- When registering a vehicle
- Upon receiving a driver’s license
The great state of Texas wants to make sure everyone meets the Financial Responsibility requirements, so they require insurers to provide a weekly report to the TexasSure vehicle identification system, listing the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of each vehicle insured under an active policy, so you’d better make sure you have insurance if you’re driving on Texas public highways and roads.
In Texas, auto insurance rates are set at non-discriminatory rates. This doesn’t mean you’ll be getting the same rates from all insurance companies. The insurers do set their own rates, but they have to submit the rates to the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) for review and approval. The Texas Department of Insurance can force insurance companies to refund premiums if the rates are determined to be excessive.
As we mentioned previously, we recommend that you purchase comprehensive Texas auto insurance to ensure that you are fully covered in the event of an accident, vandalism, or theft. You are welcome to utilize our complimentary insurance quote form to compare rates from several providers. We recommend that you compare rates from at least 3 companies. Make sure you know exactly what is covered under the various Texas auto insurance policies. You will be contacted via email or phone, so there will be an opportunity to obtain clarification from the insurers.
Thank you for visiting Quality Reports Texas Auto Insurance!